Join Telfer Carpenter from Downstairs/Upstairs Studio or Linda Wolfram_Fraser From The Garden Studio to make a pair of sweater mugs - custom and handmade from the heart.
About the Experience
Make a beautiful set of textured mugs for the morning grind!
Join us to make a set of beautiful, functional mugs - custom and handmade from the heart. We promise it'll be your new favourite coffee mug when your done!
Use all of our decorating tools and templates to handbuild your own set of mugs. This is a fun introduction to clay, with lots of opportunity to get creative.
Wednesday October 20th 6-8pm SOLD OUT
Sunday November 14th (Linda) 10:30am-12:30pm
Sunday November 21st (Telfer) 10:30am-12:30pm TWO SPOTS LEFT
$50 - Includes ALL your materials
Who is this class for?
This workshop is intended for anyone 12 and up. Younger than 12? Reach out to us or register with a parent.
How long is the workshop?
2 Hours with cleanup included.
What do I make?
Everyone is given a large piece of slab to work with. There is enough clay for everyone to make two mugs. If you have left over clay with your slab and time then try making a mini stirring spoons! Experiment with texture and put your personality into these custom pieces.
How this workshop works
There's a saying "nothing like pottery to teach you patience". We first bisque fire your pieces, then once cooled we glaze and refire. Pieces usually take 2-3 weeks. We email everyone when the pieces are ready for pick up. We fire according to size and best fit in the kiln.
1) Tools can no longer be shared. You will be given a set of cleaned tools to work with at the beginning of the class. If you would like to bring extra items to create texture with please do!
2) Dress for the mess! We can't provide aprons. If you would like to keep your clothes as clean as possible please bring a towel or apron with you, Extra points if it says "Kiss the Cook".
3) To maintain physical distance guidelines we've rearranged our classroom so everyone can create and be safe. You will each have your own station and please don't share tools with students outside of your household. Even if you tell them to go long!
4) The clay is yours! Please be selfish and keep your clay to yourself! For once sharing is NOT CARING.
5) Please stay home if you are experiencing symptoms of Covid-19 or have been in contact with someone with Covid-19. We'll arrange for an alternate experience as a makeup for you.
6) Per sec.22 masks must be worn. We also have sanitized face shields available for all students who wish to have one.
We only allow up to 8 students in a class, so they fill up fast! At this time we cannot accommodate any extra students as we have done in the past.
Explore you Creativity with Clay and Have Fun Getting Muddy!